100

100% match for school psychology internship sites

Posted On March 8, 2017
Categories About, CPS Buzz

School Psychology PhD students have received a 100% match for internship sites this semester.

Moriah Kearney will intern at the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in the suburbs of Houston.   She will provide counseling and consultation services to public K-12 students and teachers from the diverse Houston population.  She will also work in alternative schools with students who have more severe emotional and behavioral disorders, and will work in one of the state’s Preschool Programs for Children with Disabilities.  One night a week, she will provide family therapy to families in the district.  Moriah chose School Psychology because of her desire to provide mental health services to children in the environment where they spend a large portion of their time.

“I love the flexibility of this field, and greatly welcome the possibility of working in a variety of settings,” she shares.   “I look forward to working  to promote the behavioral and social emotional development of children.”

Kirnel Daniel has worked with youth her entire life.  “As an immigrant and first generation student, I was always interested in how children learn.  I wanted to find ways to make school a more welcoming and beneficial experience,” she shares.  “I found school psychology to be the perfect merge of my professional and personal interests.”  Kirnel’s will intern at The Atlanta Speech School.  The school  is a comprehensive center for language and literacy, with four schools, five clinics, summer programs and a professional development center.  As a School Psychology intern, she will provide psycho-educational assessments, consultation, counseling, group and individual therapy, and professional development opportunities. “This field gives me hope and inspiration that I can realistically make a difference in a lot of individuals’ lives,” she states.

Faith Zabek will work as an intern at The Hawaii Psychology Internship Consortium (HI-PIC) in Kailua, HI.  The HI-PIC’s mission is to prepare and retain psychologists to provide culturally competent public mental health care for the diverse children, adolescents, and adults of Hawaii.